VOCs. Keep Them Out For Better Health
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are dangerous. The EPA tells us that, over time, they can damage the central nervous system, the liver, and the kidneys. In the meantime, they can cause irritations of the eyes, nose, and throat, and other respiratory problems. Some VOCS have even been shown to cause cancer in humans and animals. Clearly, these compounds have a negative impact on your indoor air quality.
What Are VOCs?
VOCs are chemicals and solvents that convert to toxic gasses, odors, and fumes. They are present in everyday items found in most Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex homes and commercial buildings. Volatile organic compounds include cleaning supplies, pesticides, paints and paint strippers, varnishes, air fresheners, fuels, disinfectants, wax, grease-cutting agents, photographic solutions, moth balls, cleansers, clothing that has been dry cleaned, aerosol sprays, carpeting, some upholstery, plastic shower curtains, copiers, printers, correction fluid, permanent magic markers, glues, adhesives and building materials. Products containing VOCs release their toxic gasses while they are in use and while they are stored. The EPA tells us that these compounds can be from five to ten times higher indoors than outdoors regardless of where you live.
How To Get Rid Of VOCs In Your Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex Home
- Open doors and windows periodically to refresh and recirculate your indoor air. Use fans to maximize the ventilation effect.
- Keep temperatures and humidity levels as low as possible. VOCs are more concentrated in areas of heat and humidity.
- Have remodeling projects completed while you are away from home or on vacation.
- Add plants to your indoor environment. Spider plants are decorative, easy to care for and can reduce volatile organic compound concentrations.
- Install an air purifier that’s specially designed to neutralize and improve indoor air quality.
- Install a ventilator that operates 24/7. A ventilator can greatly reduce indoor VOC concentrations by constantly circulating fresh air from outside throughout your home or commercial building.
To learn more about protecting your Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex home from hazardous volatile organic compounds with air purifiers and ventilators, visit Willard Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical or give us a call.
Ready to experience top-notch service? Fill out the contact form to request service.
Industry-Leading Service & Guarantees
Your comfort & satisfaction is our top priority. Take advantage of our unbeatable guarantees, including:
- Multiple locations across the DFW Metroplex to better serve customers
- Trained & certified technicians
- Emergency repairs seven days a week
- Two-year warranty guarantee on all repairs