Strategies for Improved Comfort and Efficiency
Soaring temperatures and electric bills are unavoidable summer partners in a sultry Texas two-step. The U.S. Energy Department says as much as half of the energy used in a typical home goes to heating and cooling. Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex heat waves surely push that number higher as the entire metroplex tries to survive July and August. At Willard Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical, we have a few ideas to get you through the hot spells without losing your cool or draining your budget.
- Programmable thermostat: Today’s high-tech controllers are easier than ever to program and use. Look for smart technology that tracks usage, reminds you to change the filters and tells you the weather. Even upgrading to a simple programmable model could save you a couple hundred dollars a year.
- Ductwork: Damaged ducting allows warmed or cooled air to escape into the attic, costing you money and hurting the energy efficiency of the system. You may be able to check some of the ducts yourself, but any damage or leaks should be repaired by a certified HVAC technician.
- Energy recovery ventilator: These devices freshen your indoor air to improve the quality while pre-conditioning the incoming air to reduce humidity and trim overall energy use. Many homeowners aren’t aware of these accessories, but your Willard HVAC comfort advisor is happy to explain the benefits of energy recovery.
- Air filters: Dirty filters block airflow and force your air conditioner to work harder. This costs you extra money every month and can lead to increased wear and tear on the system, shortening its operating life. Check the filters every month.
The Willard Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical team has the expertise you can rely on. To learn about another great way to save energy and stay comfortable, call about our geothermal product options. Let us help you get ahead of the heat this summer.
Ready to experience top-notch service? Fill out the contact form to request service.
Industry-Leading Service & Guarantees
Your comfort & satisfaction is our top priority. Take advantage of our unbeatable guarantees, including:
- Multiple locations across the DFW Metroplex to better serve customers
- Trained & certified technicians
- Emergency repairs seven days a week
- Two-year warranty guarantee on all repairs