Indoor Air Quality Matters – Keeping It Fresh in Winter
To conserve energy during the chilly Texas winters, many Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex residents seal their homes tightly to keep heat from getting out. Chill-proofing your home saves money, but it’s bad for your health. Insufficient ventilation causes airborne contaminants to multiply in your home because they have nowhere to go, causing poor indoor air quality.
Threats to Winter Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air pollution originates from many different sources including poor HVAC equipment maintenance. It can cause dizziness, fatigue, headaches, nausea and irritations of the eyes, nose, throat and skin. Long-term exposure can cause health problems like respiratory disease. Below is a list of some common contaminants:
- Building and furnishing materials
- Mold and mildew
- Viruses and bacteria
- Dust and mites
- Pet dander
- Household cleaning agents
- Carbon monoxide
Air Cleaning and Air Freshening Systems
Innovative indoor air quality products have been developed that can remove, trap or kill up to 99.98 percent of airborne contaminants:
- Whole-house filtration systems trap harmful particles in high-particulate air filters.
- Air purifiers like UV lights use advanced technology to zap contaminants as they circulate in indoor air. Air purifiers and UV lights also improve HVAC efficiency.
- Whole-house ventilators bring fresh air inside and move stale air out. Energy recovery and heat recovery ventilators minimize energy loss, sustain consistent indoor humidity levels and reduce heating and cooling costs.
- Bypass, power and steam humidifiers maintain optimal indoor relative humidity levels to prevent dry skin, skin rashes and eye, nose and throat irritations caused by dry indoor air.
Keeping Your Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex Home Healthy
Have your HVAC equipment tuned up every year. Change the filters monthly and clean your home regularly with non-toxic products. Open windows for ventilation whenever possible and install an air cleaner or an air purifier.
Ready to experience top-notch service? Fill out the contact form to request service.
Industry-Leading Service & Guarantees
Your comfort & satisfaction is our top priority. Take advantage of our unbeatable guarantees, including:
- Multiple locations across the DFW Metroplex to better serve customers
- Trained & certified technicians
- Emergency repairs seven days a week
- Two-year warranty guarantee on all repairs