Try Our SEER Calculator to See Your Potential HVAC Savings
When it comes to the HVAC system in your Hutchins, Texas, home, investing in a high-efficiency system is worth serious consideration. You will know the level of efficiency in your HVAC system by checking its SEER rating. High-efficiency systems have a high SEER rating and use less energy.
What Is SEER?
The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) is a figure obtained by dividing your AC units in BTUs (British Thermal Units) by the amount of electrical wattage used. Calculating the SEER helps you determine a system’s energy-saving potential compared to others. Therefore, if you are looking to replace your air conditioner, choose one with a higher SEER rating.
Why You Should Upgrade Your HVAC System to a High SEER
A system with a high SEER rating brings numerous benefits that ought to convince you to go for a high-efficiency AC unit. The following are some reasons why you should consider an AC unit with a high SEER rating:
- Lower energy bills: High-efficiency systems with higher SEER ratings consume less energy, which translates to lower electricity costs.
- Environmental impact: Since systems with high SEER use less energy, they are more eco-friendly as they produce fewer greenhouse gas emissions. Additionally, less electricity implies reduced burning of fossil fuels.
- Incentives and rebates: If your AC unit has a high SEER, there will be a significant drop in your energy usage. In some areas, you may be eligible for cost savings from the government or the system’s manufacturer in the form of tax reductions, direct rebates, or tax credits.
- Proper moisture removal: The ability to remove moisture from the air completely is one of the qualifications of a highly efficient air conditioner. High SEER units can cool your home quickly and efficiently with effective moisture removal, helping you combat humidity-related problems like biological growth.
Your AC’s SEER rating is important for your energy-saving needs. If you think that your unit is not functioning efficiently, try our SEER calculator to see your potential savings. Willard Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical will help you choose an efficient HVAC system. Call us today at 972-564-9785.
Image provided by Shutterstock
Ready to experience top-notch service? Fill out the contact form to request service.
Industry-Leading Service & Guarantees
Your comfort & satisfaction is our top priority. Take advantage of our unbeatable guarantees, including:
- Multiple locations across the DFW Metroplex to better serve customers
- Trained & certified technicians
- Emergency repairs seven days a week
- Two-year warranty guarantee on all repairs