3 Tips on Choosing the Right HVAC System for a New Home Construction
Building a new home is exciting. While your focus may be on structure and design, as well as choosing to learn more about the payment options to keep the bills closed off, there’s one important part of the process that shouldn’t be an afterthought – the heating and cooling system. Here are three tips for choosing the right HVAC system when building a new home in Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex, Texas.
The Correct-Sized HVAC Unit
This is one of the most important decisions when installing a new HVAC system. Your HVAC contractor will work with the building contractor to determine the right-sized HVAC unit for the size of the home. An undersized system will struggle to heat and cool the home properly. An oversized unit will result in constant short-cycling. Both these scenarios mean your home will suffer inconsistent temperatures and the HVAC unit will be under strain.
The Type of HVAC System
Most existing homes feature a traditional central air system. When building a new home, you can choose a different type of system.
- Ductless split systems, as the name says, do not use ducts, but instead deliver air from the directly to air handlers in different rooms.
- Heat pumps work on a heat-transfer principle and are a great energy-saving option in Texas. If you’re building a new home, the best time to install a geothermal heat pump is when they lay the heat exchanger loops underground during the construction phase.
Lifestyle is an important factor when building a new home. If you own pets or are allergic to dust, consider adding an air purifier to the HVAC system to keep the air clean. If you’re always on the go, a smart thermostat allows you to manage your HVAC system when you’re not at home. You can adjust the temperature or turn the system off remotely – all via an app on your smartphone.
When building a new home, it’s crucial to get the HVAC installation right during the construction. Willard Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical work closely with building contractors on new-build homes in Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. To discuss heating and cooling systems for your new home, contact us at 972-564-9785.
Image provided by Shutterstock
Ready to experience top-notch service? Fill out the contact form to request service.
Industry-Leading Service & Guarantees
Your comfort & satisfaction is our top priority. Take advantage of our unbeatable guarantees, including:
- Multiple locations across the DFW Metroplex to better serve customers
- Trained & certified technicians
- Emergency repairs seven days a week
- Two-year warranty guarantee on all repairs